5.02.2009

the flowers

Like everything else we’re planning, we wanted our flowers to be simple and classy. We had decided long ago to go with white orchids: I want to wear a few in my hair, and Jen recently decided on a flower lei to complete her look. Since we are only three weeks out from our big day, you can tell that I have left this important detail to the last minute.

I wanted to order our flowers online, but that’s a scary undertaking – I have sent flowers online before, with mixed results: sometimes they are too small, not what you expected, or the wrong color altogether. I carefully researched wholesale online florists, and came up with two possible options. The Grower’s Box and Fifty Flowers. Both sites have good prices for large quantities of multiple stems, and both feature pre-mixed “Wedding in a Box” kits that come with your choice of main flowers plus supporting cast members. Both sites require that wedding orders be placed at least 10 days in advance – actually, I was considering a pre-made bouquet from Fifty Flowers but apparently those need to be ordered about a month in advance.

It was a difficult choice, but I found some negative reviews of Fifty Flowers online so I decided to go with Grower’s Box. The prices at the Growers Box were slightly higher, but overall I felt more comfortable with their site and glowing customer testimonials. Grower’s Box prices include shipping, too, which is great for budgeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment