4.19.2009

the shoe nightmare

It appears that I am now on the quest for something impossible. We are having our wedding outdoors, and all I really want is a pair of fancy flip flops. Nothing crazy. They need to be flat – heels are too difficult on the lawn – and I’d like something with just a little bling. Since the stores are bursting with spring shoes, I thought this would be a cinch. Yet I have now officially been to literally every shoe store in my mall (and it’s a pretty big mall), Target, Kohl’s, Rack Room, Maurice’s, Famous Footware, and a smattering of boutiques, all with no luck. I’ve found regular old beach sandals, about seven thousand styles of gladiator sandals (ew), strappy high heels, wedges, plain thongs, sports slides …. well, you get the picture. The one store that I thought might work for me doesn’t carry shoes in size 11. Of course.

So, the search continues. I think I will now try my friends at Zappos.com, an online shoe store with free shipping on all orders and also free shipping on returns. If you have any leads here, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment